Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sunday Mass

I've been married exactly 29 days! and I'm not counting much. Why should I? Time passes by quickly when you are Happy.
This morning Chris and I went to mass. Sunday Masses is a must for us . Though Chris still has work this Sunday (sigh) going to mass is still the priority.


and I'm glad we did. Today's gospel talked about how a day in the life of Jesus is spent. The gospel showed that Jesus spent the first part of his day praying. and he prays a lot. Jesus prays before preaching in the synagogue, healing the sick, comforting the dying. He prays for just about anything we do. Prayer ultimately becomes His work.

I'm glad that my husband and I decided that every Sunday, the first thing we do is go to mass. Regardless of ( this we agreed even before tying the knot) anything.

Chris always has his hilarious attempt to wake up at 5 a.m so we can catch the six a.m mass. But he's not a morning person so we almost always end up attending the 8:30 a.m. mass. Going to mass together helps us align our plans with what God wants us to pursue as a couple. Going to mass together means praying together and of course a little Sunday stroll is romantic too!

This Sunday, Chris made our Sunday mass extra special too, he bought us matching shirts to wear in mass.haha His in color orange and mine in blue. Isn't that corny? but truly romantic and thoughtful!

No comments:

Post a Comment